- Published: Tuesday, 13 October 2020
Candidate contact information:
Name of Candidate
- Burke, Thomas R.
- Clark, Justin Arnold
- Lowe, Bradley
- McNutt, Carvell Scott
- Shea, Tim
- Advance Poll - Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Election Day - Saturday, November 14, 2020, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have been ordinarily resident in Bible Hill, NS for six months; and
- be entitled to be registered on the list of electors to vote.
Village elections are held annually. Elected representatives (called a Commissioner) serve staggered, three year terms. In Bible Hill; Election Day is the first Saturday after the annual meeting of each year; and there is an a Advance Polling Day the Tuesday immediately preceding Election Day. Electors wishing to run for office must complete a nomination form and submit it to the Returning Officer during the Nomination Period. Nomination Period means the period from and including the fifth Thursday proceeding Election Day to and including the fourth Thursday preceding election day.
Qualifications of a Village Commissioner are as follows:
- No person is qualified to serve as a Village Commissioner unless the person is an elector.
- An elector who is a council member is not qualified to serve as a Village Commissioner.
- Every Village Commissioner shall take and subscribe the oath of office prescribed by the Municipal Elections Act in the manner prescribed by that Act before entering upon the duties of Village Commissioner.
- A Village Commissioner whose term of office has expired is eligible for re-election.
An “elector” means a person resident within the Village entitled to vote at a municipal election, who will have resided in the Village for at least six months immediately prior to the Village election and;
- is of the full age of eighteen years on the first advance polling day;
- is a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day;
- has been ordinarily resident in the Province for a period of six months immediately preceding the first advance polling day; and
- is ordinarily resident in the municipality or in an area annexed to the municipality and has been so since immediately before the first advance polling day, is entitled to be registered on the list of electors and to vote.