Employment Opportunity: Summer Park Maintenance Custodian
- Published: Friday, 09 April 2021
Summer Park Maintenance Custodian
Terms of Reference
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Foreman, the Park Maintenance Custodian has the primary responsibility for cleaning the Bible Hill Recreation Washrooms and park area. It is the role of the maintenance custodian to follow weekend schedules to clean the washroom building.
Terms of Employment
The Park Maintenance Custodian is a seasonal non-unionized position with the Village of Bible Hill. The hours of employment are May 22nd, 2021 up to and including October 11th, 2021. There are two shifts a day (open by 9 am and 3pm for second cleaning), minimum payout of 2 hours per cleaning shift. The rate of pay is $17.74 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
- Must possess a general working knowledge of the equipment and methods used in cleaning and custodial work.
- Must possess ability to learn the duties of the Summer Rec Park Maintenance Custodian; understand and follow simple written and oral instructions and have sufficient physical strength and agility to perform routine custodial tasks.
- Time management skills with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Experience and knowledge of proper cleaning methods, general maintenance and safety techniques and procedures of a public building is considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR and WHIMIS an asset.
- Complete weekly Rec Park Washroom reports
- Wash and disinfect all washrooms toilets, toilet seats and sink fixtures
- Disinfect all high touch surface areas with disinfectant spray
- Sweep and mop all washrooms floors and clean up any debris
- Empty all garbage cans in washroom and park area
- Unlock washroom building by 9 am
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies and adhere to MSDS guidelines
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap dispensers when required
- Report minor maintenance and repairs of equipment/buildings to immediate supervisor
- Report damage and acts of vandalism to immediate supervisor
- Report any potential, minor or major health and safety incidents
Supervising and Reporting
The Summer Park Maintenance Custodian will be supervised by the Maintenance Foreman and in his/her absence the Maintenance Worker shall supervise. The Summer Park Maintenance Custodian is not required to supervise staff.
Please send resume by mail or e-mail:
67 Pictou Road, Bible Hill, Nova Scotia, B2N 2R9