Join the Bible Hill Fire Brigade
- Published: July 21, 2015, 2:33 pm
If you want to help people, work well with others, looking for a challenge and are physically fit you should consider joining the Fire Brigade. The Brigade will provide you an opportunity to provide an essential community service. The Brigade provides emergency fire response to the 5000 residents of Bible Hill. In addition it provides a range of other emergency response as needed. The Brigade works closely with neighbouring fire brigades under a mutual aid agreement.
Volunteer firefighters are expected to:
- Perform firefighting duties and other related work as required
- Successfully complete Level 1 firefighter training program
- Respond to and work in all types of weather under less than ideal conditions
- Work in a safe manner, following Brigade By-Laws and Standard Operating Guidelines
- Be able to participate in community events as required
- Carry a pager and respond to emergencies when available
- Participate in weekly training
- Be conscientious and dependable
- On average, 25-35 hours per month of training, emergency responses, meetings
- Protective equipment
- Exciting training opportunities
- Skills development
- Insurance coverage
- Station wear uniform
- Dress uniform
2015 Jack Rabbit Run
- Published: July 14, 2015, 2:15 pm
The 2015 Jack Rabbit Run is right around the corner (Saturday Sept 19, 2015) now is the perfect time register for such a great event in our community. Check out there Facebook group which is offering prizes and draws for people registering.
facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/JackRabbitRun2015?pnref=story
Poker Run - July 19, 2015
- Published: July 8, 2015, 9:44 am
Floor Shuffle Board
- Published: July 13, 2015, 3:30 pm
A new recreational opportunity is being offered in Truro this summer – floor shuffleboard.
Recreation departments for Colchester, Truro and Bible Hill are offering a five-week free trial of the sport at the Truro Curling Club, 56 Young St. Beginner and experienced players are welcome.
The sessions will be held on five consecutive Wednesdays, beginning July 22, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Equipment and instruction will be provided. Pre-registration is not necessary.
Organizers of the 2013 Nova Scotia 55 Plus Games, which were held in Truro, have invested some of the profits from the games into purchasing floor shuffleboard equipment. The project also received financial support from Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness Active Living Branch.
Colchester Recreation Services
Cobequid Trail Extension Opening - June 5, 2015
- Published: June 10, 2015, 9:59 am
Photo courtesy of Truro Daily News - © Ryan Cooke/Truro Daily News
Brendon Smithson, Parks and Recreation Director for the Village of Bible Hill; Christine Blair, Colchester County Councillor for District 1; Tom Burke, Chair of the Village of Bible Hill; and Hilary Paquet, Parks and Trails Co-Ordinator for Colchester County, open the new stretch of the Cobequid Trail by separating two ferns.