Public Notice: Dates set for Annual Meeting of Electors and Election of Bible Hill Village Commissioners
- Published: Friday, 21 August 2020
Following easement of restrictions on Village annual meetings and elections made yesterday by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing (see Coronavirus ©VID-19): alerts, news and data), Village of Bible Hill has established dates for holding the following public functions at Village Hall, 69 Pictou Road, Bible Hill:
- Annual Meeting of Electors – Monday, November 9, 2020, 8:00 p.m.
- Advance Poll – Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Election Day – Saturday, November 14, 2020, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The purpose of the annual meeting of electors is to read minutes of the last annual meeting and any subsequent special electors meeting(s), reports of Commissioners, the Auditor’s report, address business arising out of the minutes, adoption of reports, and miscellaneous business.
The following candidates have been duly nominated for election (two seats available):
- Burke, Thomas R.
- Clark, Justin Arnold
- Lowe, Bradley
- McNutt, Carvell Scott
- Shea, Tim
To vote, a person must, as of advance poll day:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have been ordinarily resident in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia for six months; and
- be entitled to be registered on the list of electors to vote.