We're hiring After School Program Leaders!
- Published: Monday, 21 October 2019
After School Program Leader Job Posting
Village of Bible Hill is recruiting After School Program Leaders for the 2019 - 2020 school year. We are partnering with the Chignecto Central Regional School Board and the Department of Communities, Culture, and Heritage to deliver fun, interactive programs in the schools in Bible Hill and Valley. We are looking for passionate, energetic, mature leaders with an interest in developing leadership skills to lead our programs. The programs will be physical activity-focused, with elements of play, self-leadership and teamwork. Most programs will be based on outdoor play, games, skill building and nature awareness activities. The programs take place directly after school.
After School Program Leaders will play a strong role in the design, promotion and delivery of after school programs for youth ages 10-14. We are seeking individuals who are interested in working with children/youth, and have an understanding of the importance of being a positive role model. This position requires individuals who enjoy physical activity and/or sport and/or recreation and are interested in learning new skills around youth engagement and delivering quality programs which promote being active for life.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificates
- Volunteer or work experience that involves children/youth is an asset
- High energy with a positive outlook with the passion for working with children/youth
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic individual who believes it is important to be physically active and have fun
- Strong communication skills are essential
- An understanding of risk management and delivering safe programs
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks are a condition of employment
$13.26 per hour for up to 15 hours per week, from 2:30pm - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please send resumes and cover letters by 4:30pm, October 29th to:
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.