Bible Hill Recreation Park Playground Renewal
Help Revitalize Bible Hill Recreation Park:
The playground at BHRP is proposed to be renewed to make a creative, multi-generational, and central recreational gathering grounds for all residents and guests.
This exciting work is planned to involve:
- a revitalized playpark with fun new equipment, including a large hybrid multi-generational play structure, a wheelchair accessible swing, improved sub-surface drainage, Fibar play area surfacing, and concrete edging
- a new asphalt walking loop around the playpark with two lanes, creating a multi-use path for walks, bike rides, roller blades, and wheelchairs;
- a resurfaced basketball court space, with lines for two pickleball courts and children's games, on a bright coloured base;
- a new granular pathway through the centre of the park linking the asphalt track and play park area with the parking lot, baseball field area, and walking trail at the south end of the park;
- creation of a central social zone near the play equipment featuring rock/log themed benches, plant bed, and a rounded gateway trellis;
- creation of social spaces with seating and shade structures within the play equipment area;
- new plantings of shade trees, bicycle racks, picnic tables, and more!
View the Master Plan design:
The Village has recently engaged Trace Planning and Design to reenvision the playpark and beyond. Working with the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, Commissioners, local school children and the public, Trace developed a design for renewing the playground at Bible Hill Recreation Park. The images below provide a conceptual reference to visualize the planned revitalization:
Benefits of making improvements to Bible Hill Recreation Park:
Upgrading the park will replace the aging existing natural playground features, but will do so much more:
Provide greater opportunities for physical activity for all
Provide greater social and emotional learning opportunities for all
Provide greater opportunities for accessible & inclusive fun
Provide healthy opportunities that enhance our community and make BHRP the recreational space of choice for all age groups
What will it cost?
The proposed work is estimated to cost upwards of $1,000,000, plus HST.
The project work and budget will be contingent on the level of funding that is able to be secured.
How will it be financed?
The project is proposed to be funded in at least three ways:
- Village of Bible Hill: Funding from Village of Bible Hill via property tax revenue and/or Canada Community Building Fund revenue;
- Other Government(s): Grant funding from other levels of government (Federal, Provincial, Municipal); and
- Public Contributions: Donations from individuals, businesses, and/or community groups.
The project is possible if it attracts interest and funding from multiple sources working together.
How much has been donated to date?
In 2021, $150,000 was donated to the Village by an individual for the purpose of making improvements to Bible Hill Recreation Park. At the request of the donor, the parking lot was paved, which has provided a fresh new seamless accessible surface and pathway for parking at the park. In 2022, $20,000 was donated to the Village by an anonymous doner, with the same request - to make improvements at Bible Hill Recreation Park. We are thrilled to receive these generous donations and feel the community spirit coming together to make a better Village.
As of January 1, 2023, $76,143 has been donated to the project.
Our Sponsors and Commitments:
|Anonymous - $56,142.60|
|Anonymous - $20,000.00|
How can an individual or organization get involved?
- Spread the word! Tell family, friends, and colleagues about this work, how it will improve opportunities within the community, and what is required to get it done.
Meet the project team:
Where is Bible Hill Recreation Park?
Bible Hill Recreation Park is a regional park operated by the Village of Bible Hill at 38 Guest Drive, off College Road.
The Park includes three baseball fields with bleacher seating and covered dugouts, a multipurpose field with soccer nets, football posts and bleacher seating, gazebo, large area with playground equipment and a natural playground with wood fibre surfacing, electricity bollards, picnic shelter with tables, basketball nets, splashpad with bench seating and shade structures, change room and washroom facilities, paved parking, walking trails, and is also an access point to the Cobequid Trail.
In the winter season, the park offers a large toboggan hill, open space for snow-shoeing or snowman building. While the washroom facilities close in October, the site offers an accessible restroom stall throughout the winter season.
Visit Village of Bible Hill on Facebook and Instagram or online at www.biblehill.ca for more information.
What does the park look like now?
There is a lot to love at Bible Hill Recreation Park, but don't take if from us - consider our 4.7 out of 5 stars average review from the public on Google. We must keep making wise investments to continue to make the park a great place for residents!
Take a look at the following photographs to get a glimpse of what the Bible Hill Recreation Park currently offers: