Truro-Bible Hill Off-Leash Dog Park
Check out the Truro-Bible Hill Off-Leash Dog Park
The Town of Truro Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture and the Village of Bible Hill offer dog owners the opportunity to permit their pets to freely run and play at their off-leash dog park on Marshland Drive. The dog park also includes a Small Dog Park, located within boundaries of the original park
Located near the Colchester Legion Stadium, the free, public facility includes more than a hectare of fenced-in property that includes grassy play areas, trees, and water.
The dog park is open seven days a week.
For the safety of dogs, their owners, and the public, users are asked to please adhere to rules which are posted at the park.
Please note that children under 12 years of age are not permitted in the park at any time, even with parental supervision.
Dog Park Rules
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and shall wear a visible dog license.
- Dogs under four months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited. Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting off-leash dog area.
- Dogs must be under the control of their handlers and in view of their handlers at all times.
- Spiked collars are prohibited. Handlers must have possession of a dog leash at all times.
- A single handler is limited to a maximum of two dogs.
- Handlers must “scoop the poop” and fill any holes dug by dogs under their control.
- Food and drinks in glass containers are prohibited; training treats are allowed.
- Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
- No animals other than dogs shall be permitted in the area.
- Handlers are responsible for any injury caused by the dog(s) under their control.
- Users of the facility do so at their own risk. The town of Truro or the Village of Bible Hill shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash park.