Job Opportunity: After School Program Leader
- Published: Thursday, 02 November 2023
Village of Bible Hill is recruiting an After School Program Leader for the 2023-2024 school year.
This position will deliver fun, interactive programs in Bible Hill and Valley schools. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, mature, and responsible leader with an interest in developing leadership skills to lead our programs. The programs will be physical activity-focused, with elements of play, self-leadership, and teamwork. Most programs will be based on outdoor play, games, skill building, and nature awareness activities. The programs take place directly after school multiple days per week.
After School Program Leaders will play a strong role in the design, promotion, and delivery of after school programs for youth ages 5-14. Leaders will work with children/youth and must have an understanding of the importance of being a positive role model. The position requires individuals who enjoy physical activity, sport and/or recreation, and are interested in learning new skills around youth engagement and delivering quality programs which promote being active for life.
• Current CPR/first aid certificate or willing to obtain
• Volunteer or work experience that involves children/youth is considered an asset
• High energy with a positive outlook with the passion for working with children/youth
• Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Enthusiastic individual who believes it is important to be physically active and have fun
• An understanding of risk management and delivering safe programs
• Satisfactory criminal record, vulnerable sector, and child abuse registry checks are a non-negotiable condition of employment
• Reliable transportation to school work site(s)
$17.00 per hour, for up to 15 hours per week, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, throughout the school year, with opportunity for extra hours with holiday and other programming if requested by the Parks and Recreation Director.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.