Summer Student Job Opportunity: Summer Day Camp Counsellor
- Published: Tuesday, 02 February 2021
Employment Opportunity: Summer Recreation Day Camp Counsellor
Terms of Reference
Term of employment: June 28, 2021 to August 28, 2021
Hours of employment: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; some evenings, weekends and statutory holidays mandatory; 35 to 45 hours per week.
Rate of pay: $13.41 per hour
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Attended secondary (high school) or post-secondary education (community college/CEGEP/technical institute or university) full time during the 2020-2021 school year and be attending school full time during the 2021-2022 school year
- Available to work full time hours during dates of employment
- Successful completion of Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry check
- Successful completion of a criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willing to take certification)
- Ability to work positively with the public and children
- Ability to supervise children in a group setting
- Good organizational, planning and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and be self-motivated
- Ability to imaginatively plan and organize games, sports, arts, crafts
Responsibilities and Reporting
Under the supervision of the Summer Recreation Supervisor:
- Ensure the continuous safety of children under your supervision
- Deliver and supervise Bible Hill events and programs
- Ensure proper procedures are carried out and policies followed for recreation programs
- Act as a positive role model while supervising and implementing activities with children & adults in the recreation program
- Assist the Parks and Recreation Director in day-to-day duties, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Summer Recreation Supervisor; in their absence, the Parks and Recreation Director
Please send resume by mail or e-mail to:
Parks and Recreation Director
We're Hiring a Crossing Guard!
- Published: Tuesday, 02 February 2021
We're hiring a Spare Crossing Guard!
Do you have some time ? Do you like to work with children while enjoying the fresh air and being physically active? You can do all those things while making a difference in your community!
Village of Bible Hill is seeking a reliable person to work as a Spare Crossing Guard . Our Guards play an important role in keeping children safe on their way to and from school. The ideal candidate is a responsible, safety-driven, community minded person who will maintain positive public relations for the Village in delivering the school crossing guard program.
The rate of pay is $13.33 per hour, plus 4% vacation. Spares are scheduled on an on call-basis, with hours of 7:45- 9: 00AM and 2:15- 3:30PM, Monday to Friday during the school year.
The selection process will include an interview and background inquiry with Child Abuse Registry, Criminal Record, and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
Winter Parking Ban Reminder
- Published: Friday, 15 January 2021
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA WINTER PARKING BAN
Effective December 15 to March 31, on-street parking is prohibited on Provincial public highways and roads within Village of Bible Hill
(a) between 1 AM and 6 AM;
(b) in a manner that hinders, inconveniences, or prevents the removal of snow or ice from a highway, unless the vehicle is attended by a person authorized to operate and capable of operating it on a highway; or
(c) from 1 hour after a snowstorm starts to 2 hours after the snowstorm stops.
For a full list of areas where winter street parking is prohibited visit https://novascotia.ca/tran/winter/winter-parking-ban.asp
Happy New Year from Village of Bible Hill
- Published: Friday, 01 January 2021
Notice: Lighting maintenance December 15
- Published: Monday, 07 December 2020
Public Notice: Cancellation of Events
- Published: Wednesday, 25 November 2020
November 25, 2020
Please take note that the following Village public events have been cancelled:
- Christmas Tree Lighting - Saturday, November 28, 2020
- New Year’s Day Levee – Friday, January 1, 2021
While these holiday events are favorite traditions looked forward to by residents, participants, and the Village Commission, after careful consideration of the public health circumstances within the Province, and the number of youth, families, and seniors that attend the events, the difficult decision has been made to cancel the events for this holiday season in order to best protect public health.
If not careful, COVID-19 could spread quickly to and through our neighbourhood if we are not careful. To help prevent COVID-19 from getting to Bible Hill, please avoid going to the Halifax area for non-essential reasons like shopping. Support local businesses by shopping in the Truro area
Let’s work together to keep our community safe by doing all we can to avoid COVID-19. Wear your mask, stay home if you feel sick, wash or sanitize your hands often, and avoid crowded spaces where physical distancing of six feet is not being adhered to.
It is with regret that residents cannot join together in celebration on these dates, however we are hopeful that we are able to enjoy a regular holiday season next year. For the 2020 holiday season, let us work together to protect our community from COVID-19.