April 21 Regular Meeting held virtually
- Published: Tuesday, 21 April 2020
The regular meeting of Village of Bible Hill, scheduled for April 21, 2020 at 7pm will be held virtually via video-call.
March Regular Meeting - Deferred
- Published: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
The regular meeting of Village of Bible Hill, scheduled for March 17, 2020 at 7pm is deferred.
March Break activities -CANCELLED
- Published: Monday, 16 March 2020
Due to public health concerns, Village of Bible Hill's March Break activities have been cancelled.
We hope everyone has a safe and active March Break. For those looking to get outside, our parks and trails remain open to the public.
Seeking Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee Members
- Published: Friday, 28 February 2020
Village of Bible Hill welcomes expressions of interest from Bible Hill residents to serve on its Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee in the following volunteer positions:
• (1) Youth member for a one year term; and
• (2) Community members for two year terms.
The Committee meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6PM. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee Policy and nomination forms can be found on the Village website at www.biblehill.ca.
Dated this 28th day of February, 2020
Mitchell Bell, CPA, CA
Clerk and Treasurer
March Break Activities
- Published: Wednesday, 26 February 2020
March Break Fun in Bible Hill!
Would you like to get out and have some fun this March Break in Bible Hill? Come on out to our free events being held each day!
- Monday March 16 - Come try snowshoeing, 2pm to 4pm at Bible Hill Recreation Park, Guest Drive
- Tuesday March 17 - Shamrock Scavenger Hunt, 2pm to 4pm at Pat Mahaney Mountain Bike Trail, Warren Drive
- Wednesday March 18 - Free Skate, 12pm to 2pm at Deuville's Rink, Harmony Road, and, Free Swim, 2pm to 4pm at Scotia Pool, Dr. Bernie MacDonald Drive
- Thursday March 19 - Sledding Party, 2pm to 4pm at Bible Hill Recreation Park, Guest Drive, and, Free Swim, 2pm to 4pm at Scotia Pool, Dr. Bernie MacDonald Drive
- Friday March 20 - Free Skate, 12pm to 2pm at Deuville's Rink, Harmony Road, and, Free Swim, 2pm to 4pm at Scotia Pool, Dr. Bernie MacDonald Drive, and, Free Bowling, 3:30pm to 5pm at Bible Hill Bowlacade, Jennifer Drive
Plus, all week:
- Outdoor skating and hockey is available at Meadowland Avenue Park, Meadowland Ave, until 10pm
- Bible Hill Recreation Park is available for sledding and snowshoeing, Guest Drive, until 10pm (snowshoes available at Village Office, 67 Pictou Road)
Outdoor activities are weather permitting. Obey ice surface signage.
Contact: Josh Kennedy, Parks and Recreation Director
We're Hiring - Built Environment Accessibility Advisor
- Published: Monday, 24 February 2020
Village of Bible Hill is inviting applications for the temporary full-time position of Built Environment Accessibility Advisor. The successful candidate will report to the Clerk and Treasurer.
Working to improve accessibility within the Village of Bible Hill to help ensure all residents can participate fully in society, the Built Environment Accessibility Advisor shall provide inspection and advisory services of municipal infrastructure and operations as it relates to the Village’s current and future obligations under the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act.
Applications are being accepted until March 10, or until the position is filled.